Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thoughts from a different Emergency Room

Well, week 3 of the New Year has followed along the same lines as weeks 1 and 2 with a sick husband and yet another trip to the emergency room. This time around it was my mother-in-law who had the medical issue…she suffered a heart attack. Thankfully she is alright now thanks again to the wonderful medical care available at our local hospitals, but it was almost unbearable seeing the fear in hubby’s eyes as we waited for word on her condition and as we processed the fact that this was a serious situation with serious treatment options. It is amazing how it takes a crisis sometimes to remember how precious life is, and how much you take it for granted. I think it will be a while before we will take it for granted again. At least, I hope it will…

I am beyond excited that on Monday I will welcome a new member to my current department of one at work. We are a busy organization with a lot of things happening and communicating it all on my own has been a challenge to say the least. Things will still be busy…don’t get me wrong…but it will be nice to share the burden rather than carry it all. Welcome Chris – don’t be scared. It’ll be fine…really…lol.

This week will be an exciting one for me as Thursday is Rascal Flatts and Darius Rucker day!!!!!!!!!! I wish my seats were better…and am really hoping I win the draw for front row seats that I entered…but even if I don’t, it will be awesome to just be there. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rascal Flatts and already feel sorry for those seated around me who will listen to my rendition of each of their songs. They will also have their views blocked by my cowboy hat and dancing in the aisles. So if you’re in section 112, near row R, you might as well just stay home. You have horrible seats anyways…and it’ll give me more space to dance.

I have learned my lesson after my summer concert experience and have taken Friday off to recover. I am not as young as I used to be, and it seems the most basic things like standing or dancing for 2-3 hours requires recuperation time for me now. I wonder what I’ll be like as a 50 year old rocking out at a concert? I should probably just plan to retire by then.

This is a shorter blog than I have written in a while, but its Sunday and I need to work on the novel a little. After all, love stories don’t write themselves.

I hope your week is as fabulous as I intend for mine to be! Hug those you love…I’m available for my hugs at your convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment